Date Review (Date.com)
Date.com, "the new way to date," was launched on Valentine's Day, 1997. The site has more than ten million male and female members worldwide who actively use the site because it offers a convenient and safe way for singles to meet. The site is adding new members at a rate of between 120,000 and 200,000 per month. Thus far, thousands of couples have begun successful relationships through Date.com, with at least 50 marriages taking place during the past year.
Once inside Date.com, you can search their database of millions of singles. Search by location, age, interests, and over one hundred other personal preferences. Show interest in other members by just clicking a button. All of this is free.
When you decide that you are ready for more personal contact, you can upgrade to a gold membership and communicate with millions of members via IM, email, or chat. Gold membership fees range in price but can get as low as 25 cents a day.
You might wonder why someone would choose to pay a fee to communicate with other singles on the net when there are so many chat rooms online where you can talk for free. It's because of the quality of their members. Singles who subscribe to Date.com are professional, educated, and are serious about finding a healthy, happy relationship.
Positive Features of Date.com
- Date.info is their online magazine that contains very good information on how to write profiles, relationship advice, etc. –it’s not the normal fluff you usually see
- Current advertising targets singles from large cities. If you live in one of these cites, chances are you will find lots of singles. See below for a list of the cities in both USA and Canada
- Date.com Mobile App allows you to search for profiles, receive mail and communicate with other members via SMS over your cell phone
- Geared toward the serious dater that is looking for a relationship (not a hookup site)
- Negative Features of Date.com
- While the interface may not be as fresh as other dating sites, it is easy to navigate