Matchmaker Review (MatchMaker.com)
Matchmaker.com is an online personals website for the marriage-minded single. The site first started as a bulletin board system in 1986, which makes Matchmaker.com one of the oldest dating sites on the internet. Currently the site has more than two million registered singles and has 50,000 new single men and single women joining every week. Singles who subscribe to Matchmaker.com are usually at least 35 years old, professional, educated and serious about finding a healthy, happy relationship. The site has millions of high quality members, which means you have more chances to find someone special. Matchmaker.com’s goal is to broaden your social horizons. The site accomplishes this goal by allowing you to communicate with a variety of people.
MatchMaker.com offers a free membership that allows you to post a profile and perform searches to find your ideal partner, though to communicate with members you will need to pay for membership. It makes sense that if you are willing to pay for a service, you will be far more serious about using it. That's why Matchmaker.com puts its paying members first in their search results.
Positive Features of Matchmaker.com
- Paid members receive higher rankings in search results. If someone is paying for membership, they are more likely to take online dating seriously. Singles who are displayed first are more likely respond to mail they receive, and singles looking for a relationship have a better chance at seeing your profile if you appear high in the search results
- Recently updated website interface that is modern and responsive when viewing on a smartphone
- If you receive too many search results, the site offers suggestions on how you can narrow your search for matching singles
- Keyword search
- Negative Features of Matchmaker.com
- Dating profiles do not contain as detailed member information as other dating services (such as eHarmony or Chemistry)