Mate1.com Review (Mate One)
One of the busier online dating sites, Mate1.com reports that they have over 31 million users and tens of thousands more joining each day. The secret to Mate1's success is women are able to use the complete dating site for free, while men must pay a fee to use the message center and chat. This way they ensure a large number of women join the dating site and where women are, men will surely follow. The downside to this type of membership setup though is you tend to get a larger number of scammers as compared to other paid dating sites. When you have a completely free membership, there is no barrier to entry, so absolutely anyone can join. It is a good idea that Mate1 does have a three-day trial membership for under two dollars. This way, you can see what types of people are trying to contact you. Just remember, if you don't want to continue the membership, cancel your trial membership before the three days is up or the membership will renew for a full 30 days.
Mate1.com offers all of the features you would expect from a successful dating site. User profiles include all of the basic features but are also simple and easy to use. Likewise the search functions are easy to use. The one rather unique feature of this site is the voice profile option. You call a Mate 1 toll free number and leave a prerecorded message, which when approved other singles on the site can hear.
Positive Features of Mate1
- Full membership is free for FEMALE members
- You can block members by country
- You can sort search results by profile completeness and last online
- Negative Features of Mate1
- Text font is too small on the website makes some things hard to read
- The price of a membership is above average
- As a male guest member, you cannot view any emails sent to you; it would be better if members could read messages before committing to paid membership
- Regions: United States, Canada
Member Numbers: 20,000,000
Cost per Month: $49.95 / month